Clinical Linguistics Office
ILA’s Clinical Linguistics Office is related to the research and treatment of linguistic pathologies.
This interdisciplinary office has the following objectives:
- Language acquisition and processing research in its many aspects.
- Voice, speech and language disorders analysis in children and adults.
- Protocols development for the evaluation and rehabilitation of these disorders.
This office specific actions are:
- Elaboration and publication of the book “Corpus de Trastornos del Lenguaje“ (“Corpus of Language Disorders”), a corpus of language disorders that can be accessed by the university community for the study, characterization, and classification of language disorders, intended for use for future research in this field.
- Consolidation of research projects and cooperation agreements with hospitals and specialized centres as well as with other national and European universities.
- Organizations of courses, conferences, workshops, and interdisciplinary training seminars, with the participation of professionals in Medicine, Speech Therapy, and Biology related to the aforementioned aspects, e.g. the specific section on “Motor Disabilities and Speech Disorders”, coordinated by Professor Paredes Duarte at the 4th Clinical Linguistics International Conference (Barcelona 2015).
- Organization of prestigious conferences in this field, such as the 5th International Clinical Linguistics Conference, held in Cádiz in 2018, and the publication of the book “Cuestiones de Lingüística clínica : Trabajos presentados al V Congreso Internacional de Lingüística clínica“ (“Issues in clinical linguistics : papers presented at the V International Congress on Clinical Linguistics”).
Clinical Linguistics Office Equipment