Forensic Linguistics Office
The main actions in the office are focused on:
- Linguistic profiling about interpretation or disambiguation. In cases where there are indecisive or opened to different interpretations statements, a linguistic analysis of the units is done to determine the use the statements were given.
- Plagiarism detection. By linguistically comparing texts, we specify if two contributions belong to the same person.
- Authorship profiling. We establish whether an indecisive text belongs to a certain author.
- Speaker identification. It is a process that helps us identify an unknown speaker thanks to its voice samples. Recognition processes are performed by using a combined method of three of the most extended methods: perceptive, automatic, and spectrographic. We rely on Batvox, the most extended expert voice biometrics tool, accepted in the scientific and proffesional community.
- Assesment of content in recordings. We establish the content of a recording by a technical transcription. It is really useful in cases in which the format or the recording’s quality prevent its understanding.
- Recording authentification. We determine if a recording has been edited in case the evidence’s authenticity is in doubt.
- Expert report elaboration.