8th SELM Conference
November 8 – 9, 2018.
Hotel Ribera de Triana. Plaza de Chapina, S/N, 41010 Seville, Spain.
MAXIMUM SPACES AVAILABLE:
450 spaces including attendees and speakers.
In addition to the onsite conference, this eighth edition includes an option to participate virtually. This format will not be a streaming version of the onsite conference, but rather have its own dynamic as a virtual conference, with some of the same aspects as the onsite version, although there will be no oral presentation. The organization committee for the conference will provide a virtual forum on which this modality will take place.
The dates and guidelines for presenting communications and the topics covered will be the same for both modalities. We ask that you please see the “Contributions” section for more information.
IMPORTANT: The virtual papers will be available on the forum provided during the two days of the conference (November 8 and 9, 2018) until November 30, 2018 for all conference participants (speakers and attendees) to have the opportunity to consult them.
QUESTIONS RELATED TO ORGANIZATION:
Instituto Superior de Estudios Lingüísticos y Traducción offices
Puerta de Jerez, 4 – 41001 Seville Phone: +34 954 619804
Section 01: General and Specialized Translation
Section 02: Audiovisual Translation
Section 03: Translation and New Technologies (Localization)
Section 04: Interpretation
Section 05: Language Teaching
Section 06: Linguistic Correction and Mentoring
Section 07: Young Researchers
Section 08: Business and Association Forum
- Share the results of research conducted by members of the Sociedad Española de Lenguas Modernas.
- Share teaching and translating experience of the members of the Sociedad Española de Lenguas Modernas, within any of the eight sections organized.
- Share professional experiences of the members of the Sociedad Española de Lenguas Modernas, within any of the eight sections organized.
The following languages may be used for communications and presentations: Basque, Catalan, English, French, Galician, German, Italian or Spanish.
Unless the author objects, all selected contributions will be included in an original publication with ISBN (Conference Proceedings).
The highest quality contributions, as deemed by the Selection Committee, will be subject to publication in a monograph for the section the presentation belongs to with ISBN, as well as in the scientific journal Linguae with its corresponding ISSN. As a result, contributions will undergo a new double-blind revision as established in journal policy as well as pertinent adaptations for the new publication.
Speakers: May 1 – June 30, 2018, both inclusive.
Attendees: October 15, 2018, both inclusive.
After the conference is completed, speakers and attendees will receive an accreditation certificate via email. If a paper copy is needed, it can be requested by writing to the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating a mailing address.
Registration fees will only be refundable until September 30, 2018, upon presenting confirmation of payment.
- Rafael López-Campos Bodineau (SELM President)
- Viviana Merola (SELM Secretary and Organizer/ 8th SELM Conference Coordinator)
- Rocío Márquez Garrido (SELM Spokesperson / General and Specialized Translation Section Coordinator)
- Marta Chapado Sánchez (SELM Spokesperson/ Audiovisual Translation Section Coordinator)
- Alfredo López Pérez (Translation and New Technologies Section Coordinator / Multimedia)
- Nina Tempelhoff (Interpretation Coordinator)
- Dra. María Borrueco Rosa / Dra. Cristina Huertas Abril (Language Teaching Coordinators)
- Dra. Anne Bécart (Editorial Coordinator / Young Researchers Coordinator)
- Inés Franco Fernández (Business and Association Forum Coordinator)
- Aitor Rodríguez Rodríguez (Publisher Forum Coordinator)
- María Cisnero (Issuing Certificates)
- Sandra Olivares González (Workshop Coordinator)
- Melissa Ortolà López (Social Networks)
- María Vidal Rodríguez (Social Networks)
- Jacobo Ángel López (Proceedings Publication)
- Manuel J. Cisnero Arjona (Technical Administration)
- Rosario Martínez Pimentel (Reception and Protocol)
- Debora Cervera Enrich (Reception and Protocol)
- Megan Mundt (Reception and Protocol)
- Amparo Revilla Álvarez (Logistics)
- Dra. Álvarez Jurado, Manuela (Univ. Córdoba)
- Dra. Balbuena Torezano, María del Carmen (Univ. Córdoba)
- Dra. Beltrán Gandullo, Milagros (Univ. San Pablo-CEU)
- Dr. Cancelo López, Pablo (Univ. A Coruña)
- Dr. Castellano Martínez, José María (Univ. Loyola Andalucía)
- Dr. Chaume Varela, Frederic (Univ. Jaume I – Castellón)
- Dr. Estévez Saá, José Manuel (Univ. A Coruña)
- Dra. Estévez Saá, Margarita (Univ. Santiago de Compostela)
- Dra. García Calderón, Ángeles (Univ. Córdoba)
- Dr. García Peinado, Miguel Ángel (Univ. Córdoba)
- Dra. Huertas Abril, Cristina (Univ. Córdoba / Istrad)
- Dr. López-Campos Bodineau, Rafael (Univ. Sevilla)
- Dr. Marcos Aldón, Manuel (Univ. Córdoba)
- Dra. Medina Reguera, Ana (Univ. Pablo de Olavide)
- Dr. Monferrer Sala, Juan Pedro (Univ. Córdoba)
- Dr. Toro Santos, Antonio Raúl de (Univ. A Coruña)
- Dr. Zayas Martínez, Francisco (Univ. Cádiz)