The second and third session of the Corpus Linguistics course that started last 13th July will be held next Friday 10th November. The course will take place in the Computational and Forensic Linguistics Laboratory at ILA. The program can be seen below.
The lecturer will once again be Antonio Moreno Ortiz
from the Department of English and German Philology at the University of Malaga, also secretary of AELINCO (Spanish Association of Corpus Linguistics). We are looking forward to your assistance. You can write to email@example.com
to confirm your assistance.
Session 2: Working with personal corpora (10:00-12:00)
1. Desktop tools for personal corpora (AntConc).
2. Tool and methodologies II: lemmatised searches, uses of stopwords.
3. Keywords extraction on specialized corpora.
Session 3: Creating and designing corpora (12:30-14:30)
1. Texts collection.
2. Text manipulation with full regular expressions.
3. Morphological labelling of a corpus.
4. Corpus noting in XML for distribution.